Why Are Some Men Menopausal?

11:04 AM 20 Comments A+ a-

Men are menopausal! End of Story!

Heyyyyyyy Loovies. I am super sorry for the hiatus. You know how sheeeet happens sometimes right? Well I’ve had a whole lotta sheeeet going on these days………………..really but God is ever faithful though.

So I’ve had this story for a few weeks now but I really didn’t know if I should or should not gist y’all because I don’t want people to get mad at me. By people I mean men. By men I mean the ones on menopause. By the ones on menopause I mean they probably will identify themselves from this gist. I love you all with the love of God so please don’t get too menopausal about this, and if you do- please make sure you have enough freezers to dip your head in and midol cos I CAN’T DEAL! I’ll try to make this as general as possible sha.

Sighhhh, so here goes.

So for a long time now I’ve always believed men have more emotional issues than women, as in for real for real. So I was in Lasgidi recently to chill (Yeah….my idea of chill is to head to Lagos. People don’t get my obsession with Lagos, and really I don’t either but my classic response to that now is “I was born in Lagos so obviously my placenta is buried somewhere there thus my need to come there every chance I get”. Loll.. oh by the way, if you wanna give me a gift ever, just give me a ticket to Lagos or something I can apply towards buying a ticket. Ohh Yes I just said that!).
Okay back to my story. I met a few guys in Lag right, and there have been some I’ve known before then. So see me see something oo, Lagos trip was like a little over a month ago right and these Lag guys from day 1 asked me out. I’m like ahn..ahn.. y’all have no chill! Like for real…for real, but it’s always fun though..Loll…  This kinda behavior is kinda normal though so I have a formula down to handling them. I do have a few male friends – mostly converted from toaster/admirer to friend/paddi of life/bro.

This particular guy started putting pressure on me and asked me to be his woman, and was asking within a week for a response! (I really should start doing Vlogs cos I cannot express the look on my face in writing…like for real), and I’m like hunhh, you know me well enough in one week, one week oo, one week pere to want to date me? Like what if I’m a psycho person? What if I’m like an opa pa parada kind of girl? As in, what if I be hopping on one leg shouting “Ofe….Ofeeee”?? Did you not read that tweet circulating on social media about that guy that had been kinda dating one mami water kain chick that showed him who she really was in a hotel in Port Harcourt!!!! Ahn..ahn… please what is the hurry? I don’t get…I really don’t get it at all.

Me, trying to be reasonable and all was like ahh Pascal (okay, of cos his name is not Pascal), we’ve only known each other for a few days and really, I just want to be friends so I hope you understand. Pascololo was like ehn Savannah, if we don’t put a name to our friendship we won’t value it. In my head I was like ahh I have plenty names nau, there’s aki and pawpaw, Papa Ajasco, there’s Simbi goes to school; I mean there are plenty of names we could give our friendship other than we’re dating. Period!

That’s how before I could even volunteer these names Pascololo removed me from BBM. I was like waittttt a minute, holdddd up, Pasco removed me from BBM cos I said I’m not doing? Ahn..ahn… abi this boy is not well ni? Mchewwww. Again, I can’t deal.
Now, I don’t like being in conflict or odd situations with anyone and I prefer to talk things out (if your head is not on fire) so we are all on the same page just in case there’s a miscommunication. So I sent Pascololo a text calling him out on such menstrual behavior (sorry I meant menopausal behavior), and dude was like yeah it was childish but he didn’t want to be a pest. I’m like YOU THINK???

So ladies, have you encountered a situation like this where the guy just does a complete 180 degree turn on you just because you’re not feeling him or for whatever reason you can’t\won’t give him what he wants? I mean why can’t we be friends if one party does not care to have more than that?

You men should stop behaving like this oo abeg cos this is how women on menopause behave. Don’t ask me how I know – you go and google symptoms. Oh, and by the way, I’ve experienced this with both older and younger guys so I don’t think it has to do with age. My thing though is if a girl tells you let’s be friends and you start unfriending\blocking\giving attitude, believe me when I say that most girls would probably not want to date you after you’re displayed that kinda behavior.

Girls, I wanna hear your stories please!!

Xoxoxo

Love is a beautiful thing. 

20 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
May 8, 2015 at 1:51 PM delete

lolllll Sav, Sav. I'm calling you NOW

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
May 11, 2015 at 6:48 AM delete

hehehe...Sav, y u sef no gree na...d guy no fine ni? abi e no owe for pocket? wc one?

Reply
avatar
Bisi
AUTHOR
May 11, 2015 at 7:44 AM delete

Lol bhet we all know Sav has eyes for no one but Mr.Q. Have you not been following?

Reply
avatar
Bisi
AUTHOR
May 11, 2015 at 7:46 AM delete

Seun, on a serious note, where do you meet all these guys. Guys, pls save your time. We are team Q all the way.


Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
May 11, 2015 at 8:30 AM delete

I can't shout o, Bisi, I don't know who you are but Seun will kill you for mentioning Mr.Q.

Thinking of it ehn, we need an update on Mr. Q!! So have you guys progressed? Referring to your Bella Article. We the people, a.k.a your readers, a.k.a your girls want to know.

Reply
avatar
Savannah
AUTHOR
May 11, 2015 at 8:34 AM delete

It's Monday morning people! MONDAY MORNING, where people face work...ahn....ahn... lolll
BIsi, you're not well o I swear. Afi Team Q na. Why you gots to bring Q into this now ahn...ahn? Y'all will make a man's head be swelling this early. Where is your own story about menopausal men? That's the gist we want to read joor

Reply
avatar
Savannah
AUTHOR
May 11, 2015 at 8:35 AM delete

Lol. I was thinking you were on my side before i realized you sef wants gist.

Thanks for reading.

Reply
avatar
Savannah
AUTHOR
May 11, 2015 at 8:37 AM delete

Lmaooo... e fine na. Fine die sef, his eyes got character sef... but abeg it's not by fine.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
May 11, 2015 at 8:40 AM delete

lol.... Sav, wc one is eye wey get character again? I never hear that 1 befor

Reply
avatar
Savannah
AUTHOR
May 11, 2015 at 9:13 AM delete

Lmaoo....Eyes that speak, and you know some guys will now come and be doing sinju -sinju to further bring attention to them. Shishhhhh we don't currr and it ain't working. You can sinju all day if you want sef.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
May 11, 2015 at 1:39 PM delete

omg I had a guy who started calling me night and day from a blocked number, and all he did was breathe into the phone. i would be there shouting hello but no answer, just heavy breathing. Then it graduated from that to him playing horror movie audio clips when i pick up. All because i said i wasn't interested!!!!

Reply
avatar
Savannah
AUTHOR
May 12, 2015 at 12:43 PM delete

Hunnnhhh??? Lmaooooooooooooooooooooo. Okay this is not funny, and I really shouldn't be laughing but I can't help it. Are you serious right now? As in legit for real? lolll sorry oo.

Reply
avatar
Blogoratti
AUTHOR
May 18, 2015 at 11:21 AM delete

Interesting thoughts, thanks for sharing!

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
May 21, 2015 at 2:33 AM delete

Lol I enjoyed this post... Its my first time of hopping on ur blog.

www.icelaw.me

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
May 22, 2015 at 7:22 AM delete

Lmao boys do this all the time don't mind them. Children. lol @opapaparada though

Reply
avatar
Savannah
AUTHOR
May 22, 2015 at 2:50 PM delete

Aww thank you!! & I hope to see you here again.

Reply
avatar
Savannah
AUTHOR
May 22, 2015 at 2:51 PM delete

lolllll.....but it's true now. I had to pain the most dire scenario.

Reply
avatar
November 19, 2015 at 11:36 AM delete

Dated this guy for some months, we were friends back in uni (i actually dated his friend back then, looonngg story). Anyways, we kept in touch after school, till this guy decided to confide of his love and attraction for me on day, i laughed it off and we remained cool.

I broke up with my bobo of like 7 years and somethings happened and he started again, so i was like what the hell, let's give it a shot! Few months later, i wasnt feeling the whole thing, still saw him as a friend and couldnt imagine doing freakystuff to a friend, catch my drift? so i broke it off.

This guy went off on me mehn! Collected every dime he ever gave me, every present he ever bought me, thank God im working and comfortable, I for suffer that month o! Bad mouthed me for weeks on fb, writing stories about bitches and stuff.

Fast forward to this year, im with the man of man dreams. he's now bringing his iranu leg that he wants us to be friends and possibly more. That he never got over me, and is waiting patiently for me. Ode oshi!

Reply
avatar
Savannah
AUTHOR
November 19, 2015 at 12:12 PM delete

Waittttt, hold up, he collected all gifts back? Mehn!! Damn! Abeg thank your stars. You dodged a bullet right there. He's MAD for even trying to even come down. Affliction shall not rise again abeg. Mchewwwww.
If there's anything I can't stand its an immature man. Thanks for sharing Hun!

Reply
avatar