To have or not to have a New Year Resolution

8:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Hello Lovies,

I don't know if you are as amazed as I am that another year is upon us. I mean, wasn't it just like January 2013 a few days ago? How did we get to the last days of 2013? This is really beyond me I swear.
So what do you do as a new year approaches? Do you make resolutions? Do you come up with new traditions? What do you do to usher in the new year?

I'm a church girl so I usher in the new year at service in church. You know a part of me is always nervous on the 31st (we call this service "Watch Night Service"). I'm always nervous that what if Christ decides to return on like the last second before the new year? Will I make it to heaven? Will everyone in church at that moment make it to heaven? Can or will any crazy thing happen?
Thankfully, nothing has or will happen - In Jesus Name I pray. Amen. Someborry shout halleluyah.......... ok service is over.
loll....
Ok, so I used to make resolutions but I'm sure no one held a better record at breaking them like I did so I've stopped making resolutions for a few years now. I do however take some time to ponder at what happened through the year. I look back and see God's Grace at times when I didn't even realize it. I look back and think of that friend to start avoiding. I look back at my career and think hummmmm, I look at my love life and do a triple hummmmmmmmmmm.....lol.. but all in all, I am so grateful for the gift of life. I truly am from the old school of thought that when there is life, there is hope. No dead person is able to take stock of their life no matter how good or bad it is so for this alone, you and I must be thankful.

I'm not making any resolutions per se, or maybe I am but I choose not to voice them or write them down. In fact I chose not to affirm them to myself in any form. I mean, I would like for certain things to happen but it's not really the end of the world if they don't happen.
I'm looking at 2014 like an unwrapped gift box. A box with many layers of beautiful gift wrapper. The gift wrappers on their own are made of gold and silk, beautiful to behold, amazing to touch. I wouldn't want to rip them off, I want to peel them back gently so I can re-purpose them before I now finally get to the gift box itself. I can't wait till December 2014 to see the bottom content of my gift box. What has God got in store for me this year?
Are you curious to know what's in store for you?

Whatever the case, I wish you all of the best. May all of your heart's desires come to pass in 2014. Amen.