When your wig falls your hand...........sigh!

9:13 AM 10 Comments A+ a-

I swear the silliest things happen to me and it's not even funny anymore. So I got dressed for work this morning and completed my look with my braids wig. As I was fitting the wig on properly I just remembered an embarrassment I suffered years ago!

So this happened many years ago when my neighbor (Isatou Jalloh) and I used to waitress at restaurant in DC. I did it for 2 weeks I think and I could not survive it. Isatou was the one who pushed me into it ooo as per 2 African girls with BIG dreams trying to hustle. Isatou knew all the jobs that legally paid well and she was hell bent on us trying everything. But that is a story for another day. I will probably write that story next. But anyway, I quit that job after one stupid, useless, ugly muteteh of a customer purposely glided his hand over my behind; and I turned and slapped him instantaneously.

Ohhhhh Lawd! I am already telling this story. Arrrrghhh.

Anyway sha, I quit that job that day, So Isatou's husband who used to work at Circuit City thought I was too soft and more cut out to work behind a desk in Customer Service etc. So he introduced me to his boss at Circuit City "Ndene" who hired me on the spot after passing the computer test and interviews.

This store was ways off from home, and I was in college also, and I didn't have a car so I had to always take the bus - the Ride On bus #10 if I remember clearly, the one going to White Oak. My routine was always to get on the bus, find an empty seat and sleep until I get to my stop.
I am one of those people whose sleeps as soon as she enters a car\bus\train; as long as I'm not the driver; but I would always, always wake up just as we are about to get to my stop. I don't know how I do this but this has always been the case and I will sleep soundly ehnn. Plus back then, in between working 40+ hours a week and taking a full load of classes I was always grateful for extra sleep whenever\where ever I could get it.

That's how one day I now wore a wig to work. On my way back I sat at the very last row because that was the coziest seat available for sleeping undisturbed. I rested my head gingerly on the head-rest thinking I was sleeping like a proper somebody.
We now got to my stop which was right in front of my apartment building, and I woke up. By now the bus was practically empty. I think there were like 4 or 5 people left on it. I made my way down the aisle to exit from the front door. As I was walking I was starring at the driver's rear view mirror and was like why am I looking funny and different like this? This sleep must have been something else.
Then..... GBAM.... YEEEEE...MOGBE..  My HAIR??? MY WIG??? WHERE IS MY HAIR??? Mo Daran!! WHAT HAPPENED??

You guys, my wig had fallen off and what I was starring at in the review mirror was my scattered natural hair.

Mehnnnnnnnnnn, I didn't even know what to do, where to start. I was trying to use my hand to cover my embarrassing tattered hair and also looking everywhere for my wig.

I refused to get down from the bus without getting my wig oo. Ahhhh wig of maybe $19.99 in those days, that cost more than my hourly salary. Hell na mehn.... this is a crisis right here and I was ready to call 911 or anybody with that my cell phone with an antenna.
The bus driver was now saying "Lady, you coming down or what, we ain't got all day!".
I was like come down oshi wo ni yen, without my wig? HELL TO THE NO. Oga driver, mi o bole oo, we are going to find this wig together. Thankfully he put the bus in park and decided to come help me find the wig.

Apparently this alakoba wig had fallen off my head into the narrow space between the back seat and the trunk of the bus, and you all know those buses don't have like cargo space in the back so that space was like terribly narrow. Oga driver had to wiggle the wig out.

I didn't take that bus again after that day. I started taking a longer route on the Metro bus. The embarrassment was just too much.

Today I held my wig in place with like 8 hair pins. Affliction must not rise a second time!

Xoxo
Savannah

10 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
April 24, 2017 at 2:09 PM delete

I can't stop laughing. I believe most ladies can relate to your experience. Very interesting article. ��

Reply
avatar
Afolabisi
AUTHOR
April 25, 2017 at 6:27 AM delete

very funny, that why i dont like wigs lol

Reply
avatar
Savannah
AUTHOR
April 25, 2017 at 12:21 PM delete

I trust they can..) Thanks for reading..

Reply
avatar
Savannah
AUTHOR
April 25, 2017 at 12:21 PM delete

Lolll.. good for you. How do you manage your hair then? Do you braid\weave all the time?

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
April 25, 2017 at 12:22 PM delete

Savannah i love your stories. Please write more.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
April 25, 2017 at 12:32 PM delete

I don laugh scatter for here.... babes good one.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
April 26, 2017 at 9:36 PM delete

ROTFL.....OMG... I am sure these people are looking at me like "what is wrong with this girl?".. made my day.

Growing up I was never a wig girl. It is so easy going and good way to switch to a Diva easily.

I feel you though. Recently I cut my hair really really short such that my wigs that used to be snug are now very loose. And here I sit in church hoping and tilting my head so no one entering behind me pulls it by mistake because I swear a little touch on that wig and it is floor bound. Good thing it didn't move in church cuz when I got home, all I needed to do was put my head down and it fell right off...

Reply
avatar
Savannah
AUTHOR
May 1, 2017 at 12:16 PM delete

Loll...i'm glad this made your day! Your comment totally made mine too. Your comment about tilting head in church had me in stitches cos i can relate because i teach in church and i usually have kids all over me and i'm dodging my head left and right to avoid my hair being snatched off.............. sheese, one can't wear wig in peace again.

Reply
avatar
Lynna Conner
AUTHOR
December 30, 2017 at 7:55 AM delete

Having two wigs is also a great idea if you plan to wash your wing two wigs is a must and will prevent from ending up with a wig emergency. When your wigs starts looking "wiggy", you instantly have another one to throw on and no one is all the wiser about your hair situation. synthetic lace front wigs

Reply
avatar
kunle abiola
AUTHOR
February 14, 2019 at 4:59 AM delete

fASHIOON for ladies have taken new face of beauty. kodus to all the women in good fashion mood

Reply
avatar